Friday, September 25, 2026

Clovergirle

The only songs from Ariana Grande that I'm familiar with are the ones used by dancers in Taiwan: Bang Bang and Problem. Problem has a lot of copyright issues on YouTube; many videos got muted.

There are over a thousand other songs that I'm familiar with, which I would say that I like more than any song by Ariana Grande that I'm hearing for the first time just due to the mere exposure effect. Like, I was seeing if I could find the remix of Dragostea Din Tei in a video I linked recently, and even though all the remixes I found would receive similar ratings in a fair comparison, I didn't like any of them because they weren't the one I was familiar with. Just now, my computer was playing 삐리뽐 빼리뽐 Bbiribbom Bbaeribom, a song from 16 years ago (that I first heard ~9 years ago).

I could say something like, if something that was expected to happen before I said these words happens (Ariana Grande's Instagram account posting anything after the end of this month) then <interpretation>.

This already seems too long and I was thinking I might delete the previous paragraph.

Why post here at all? Why not just do Google searches or post longer text with paragraphs into Google Translate, where I assume a government conspiracy is recording it? "Stories for smart people", pretty sure I linked this recently. But what if the reason for the story's outcome was the attempt to record it? If the purpose of showing a story is to help people who are interested in understanding it (people in the future), this is basically a third party. What if no one will help me because I want to help a third party, instead of just the person I'm focusing on?

If I did send a message to Ariana Grande on Chirp Club, it would have been a public message. If it had been possible to send a private message, I would have chosen the public one. Two reasons: to avoid implying that people were secretly learning of this idea (even if that was true, since I have contacted some people via email). And to avoid implying that I was secretly contacting anyone female. My Chirp Club account is currently banned, so it does not help with 'telling a story'.

I was going to say in a recent post, but forgot: COVID-19 pandemic was unpredictable. But the general class of 'large events' is predictable, just like earthquakes. If someone had thought of this idea halfway through one of the world wars, no one would have been interested in using it at that time (except maybe the countries that weren't fighting, like South America).

I say 'share this idea' because it's a simple and unambiguous action. If I could order someone to do things, I would first make them create all the polls. I would probably have made these polls myself if Reddit hadn't discontinued polls with the web client (desktop); if I'd made them, they would have gotten up to a few hundred votes each. They would not have affected discussions in society about any problems that the polls are relevant to, and it's also a biased sample. Older people don't use Reddit, for example.

Many of these polls also test the assumptions that people make. If people used this idea, many of the assumptions that people would make would change. As a large class of assumptions, "It's not possible to fix problems, so we should do X to avoid being affected by problems and to avoid wasting effort on fixing problems." Even a superintelligent AI in the future could not reliably predict how people would answer these questions now; it might give a response, but people would have no confidence in that response, even if it gets other things right that can be confirmed.

People who think a certain thing X often erroneously think that people have always thought X. "It's normal to use a bunch of plastic and throw it away." It can be helpful to learn that what society agreed was the truth was different in the past, because it suggests that people could be making similar mistakes in the present.



It doesn't make sense for me to think that I'll ever be in a relationship. What I can do is make people think that I would want to be in a relationship with them.

If Ariana Grande doesn't share this idea, it means she doesn't think I would be good enough to be in a relationship with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment