"Don't be bad and you won't look bad."
I criticize the streaming culture of Douyin. Mainly, I criticize it because it might not be rewarding. 饱饱兔 @SuperSG15 only has 10~15 viewers in her livestream right now, and she sometimes wins in the PK battles, so the people she talks to might not have many more than that. In her current conversation with three other people, she has three times as many followers as the second-most-followed person.
My friend Laura is an accountant. She described her job as balancing numbers to reach zero, implying that she wasn't doing anything useful. But she gets paid for it.
Some jobs, like coal mining, can be harmful to one's health. Talking to people isn't harmful. But one of the few words I recognize is 哥哥, "elder brother". It's sometimes neutral The videos I was thinking of use the nickname, '杯頭哥':
2016 0529跳跳糖(小卉 棠棠 vivi )&杯頭哥 水里三鎮宮龍德堂 太平受山宮謁祖熱舞
2016 0818跳跳糖Pop Candy 棠棠 果果 杯頭哥 彰化果菜市場熱舞 8
20160522 花壇 慈鳳宮 Lady's ft. Battle哥 (痴情玫瑰花)
20160522 花壇 慈鳳宮 Lady's ft. Battle哥 (New Thang remix)
Example of genuine use to mean older brother: 【ENGSUB】Back to the Great Ming EP01-09 collection
It's very similar to the use of 오빠 oppa in Korean, like at the start of the Little Apple music video, or in the lyrics for Oh! by SNSD (Girls' Generation) and 오빠오빠 by Bambino.
饱饱兔 was just showing her three dogs and cat, and a brief view of outside.
So anyway, the 'gangster' female character in Squid Game season 1. She uses "oppa" to act cute, even though other people consider her too old to be cute.
Was actually thinking about whether this would make a good question, a few days ago: if there was a certain amount of money that could only be given away to someone you don't personally know, would it be better if one person had that money, or if it was split between many people?
There are many stories from China where a male gave too much money to a streamer. It's only a story if the male ends up poor: if someone gives away 1 million USD, but still has 50 million USD, it's not a story. If he gives away 50k USD and as a result is too poor to get married, it's a story worth reporting on.
Tl;dr: streaming gameplay, and talking about the gameplay or about other topics, makes sense to me. Just streaming talking doesn't make sense to me, even though many extremely popular streamers do this, as well as smaller viewers.
I have been listening to 饱饱兔's stream for 2.5 hours now. She has 12 viewers, just finished the call with three other people, now 8 viewers, and I am closing her stream.
My oldest sister said in 2012, in response to the email about the first petition, that she didn't believe in the dichotomy between good and evil. I think there are definitely things that are bad to do. When the recent war between the US and Iran started, I assumed that it was the US that killed Iran's religious leader. I noted how, a few days later, US President Trump talked about that leader's death by saying that he was a bad person, or something.
Some time later, I learned that it was Israel that conducted the strike that killed that religious leader along with several of his relatives, including a grandchild. Since the US has an executive order banning assassinations, it would have been worse if the United States had carried out this action than if Israel did it.
The 2016 Russian plane crash was suspicious due to its timing, on Christmas — a day when people expect to be happy — and I felt that it could have been a deliberate action, despite that no public statements have been made by anyone about this. Wikipedia says, "All materials of the investigation are classified."
On 25 Dec 2016, the Islamic State still had considerable influence, MH370 was still missing, the Chibok girls were still in captivity, sporadic fighting with Ukrainian military was still occurring on the border of the Donetsk People's Republic ("The Russo-Ukrainian war began in February 2014 and is ongoing."), billions of people wanted good jobs (1, 2, 3, 4, I have not read any of these), carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was at 400 ppm, and the world had about 55 cubic kilometers of oil in the ground more than it does now.
And if the Egyptian and Russian governments lied, and Metrojet Flight 9268 had survivors, then they were in captivity as well.
Did it make sense for people to be happy on the day that non-Russian countries celebrate as Christmas?
When I saw a new post on Ariana's account, I had already decided to delay before I saw that it was from @r.e.m.beauty. If 饱饱兔 was not streaming, I think I would have succeeded in not saying anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment