Saturday, September 26, 2026

Is Ariana Grande sad?

A few days ago, there was an ant problem. First I thought, "they will stop going where they shouldn't, if they find food before they reach there." Then I thought to lure them outside with food.

A cool thing about ants is that they turn a lot. This is an exhaustive search pattern. The probability of covering the same ground twice is high, so it's less efficient, but it finds food closer to the origin. A food source close to the colony is more valuable than one farther away. Their social existence influences the way they move.

I am not fundamentally that different from an ant. I accidentally visited the page for a video from 饱饱兔 (uploaded [2026-06-30](https://www.douyin.com/video/7657350264705263995), before I first downloaded a video from her on 2026-07-13), and like an ant running into a wall, I end up moving in a different direction.

Since it seems unlikely I'll ever be in a relationship, it's hard for me to feel sad. But I was really sad, upset, etc. in 2007, when I had the thought that based on Mei's behavior, she might think that it didn't benefit her for me to like her.

Xiaoyu seems to have hidden or deleted all of her old videos. But if 饱饱兔 did this, I would know, because I would see that her video count decreased. (Although her video count was only at 11 a month or so ago, and is now at 30, so if it went down to 15 or so I wouldn't know which videos were affected.)

It completely makes sense for me to try to avoid interacting with the account of someone who knows about this idea but hasn't shared it. Word count is getting too high.

Demi Rose, the song 'vanished the life -notreborn', cat, etc. Mione blocking and then unblocking me.

Ariana's political question last year was phrased as a genuine question: "have you gotten the results you hoped for?" In a way, it had faulty assumptions. Maybe prices have gone up. Maybe people who prefer English to be the language spoken in the US have encountered a greater proportion of people who don't know English in the past two years. But these things can happen despite actions by the US president; for people who dislike the actual outcomes, those outcomes could have been worse with a different president.

I have to say that one of the questions on [The Ultimate Data Manipulation Survey](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrkNQ0zym9LQWmBufAeTDo-zZ7ks3UEtbqdfBv2XEQ5swR0A/viewform) was,

>Do you expect the next elections in your country to have a big effect on the amount of fossil fuels used by your country over the next few years?

I would have answered no. (Also, I thought of this question when I saw that the person who almost shot President Trump had also looked up Biden's campaign rallies.) But Ariana did not ask people about climate change (in Trump's [recent speech to the UN](https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/tech/ai/ai-elections-voters-information/), he noted that 'global warming' had been rebranded to 'climate change' due to what he viewed as incorrect predictions, although the [data](https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/t2_daily/) for the past few years seems [pretty convincing](https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/sst_daily/) that there is a warming trend).

The point is not the specific issues she mentioned. But that she was open to the possibility that people had, in fact, voted in a way that gave them the things they wanted.

In the same way, whenever someone didn't share this idea, there was the possibility that they were acting in a way that was in their best interests.

The argument that I shared on Chirp Club was pretty much the worst argument for getting people to actually publicly share this idea. Also: I call it Chirp Club because that was the translation of what the Literary Chinese Wikipedia article about the platform called it. I did not make it up. The reason for not calling it X is that X is already used to denote an unknown value, such as when I say 'Person X'. In this case, the unknown value, X, stands for Chirp Club.

It said, <persons known for committing violent crimes> knew about this idea and didn't share it. Four interpretations:
1) If you share this, it will cause people to commit violent crimes.
2) If you don't share this, it will lead to you committing violent crimes.
3) Not sharing this idea (keeping it secret) is important, for an unknown reason.
4) People who don't share this idea should be viewed negatively.

I felt that Sherine should have been sharing this idea. But I couldn't meaningfully talk to her, because she had blocked me.

Maybe Sherine thought that it was in the best interests of a Person X if she blocked me. Person X could have been Mei or Kate. She could even have imagined it to be me. Now, 13 years have passed. Is it likely that Sherine's prediction of the outcome of her blocking me will come true?

Similarly, if Ariana learned about this idea ~10 years ago, what did she expect to happen if she did not share it? Did that come true, or is it likely to come true?

Asking questions is easy. Answering questions is hard. She wasn't thinking about how to immediately convince people to use this idea. She was thinking about secrets, maybe.

Who thinks at age ~23 that they have a chance to change the world? There have been such people throughout history. Alexander the Great died young.

Sometimes books or films are like, 'a sad thing happened'. Most people do not remember that and try to figure out how to stop the sad thing from happening. If there is one sad thing per two stories, someone who reads or watches 200 stories could remember 100 sad things, or they could forget all of them and just go on with their life, and then be surprised when a sad thing happens that they didn't expect.

I am not trying to make Ariana sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment